SU Health And Dental Plan
The SSU Health & Dental Plan
Sheridan Student Union (SSU) cares about the well-being of the students it represents and we want to make sure you're covered. The SSU Health & Dental Plan is a critical service of the Student Union designed to fill the gaps in government health care and other private health coverage. The plan includes benefits for prescription drugs, vaccinations, physiotherapists, chiropractors, message therapists, naturopathic doctors, vision care, dental benefits and travel health coverage and more.
All SSUI fee-paying students are automatically enrolled in the Plan. Coverage includes health, dental, vision, and travel benefits. For more details, head to the Student Union offices or check out www.ihaveaplan.ca Alternatively, if you are already covered by an equivalent health and dental plan (such as a parent or spouse's employee benefits), you can opt out during the change of coverage period and receive a full refund of the Plan.
If you opted out last year, you won't need to provide proof of other health or dental coverage this year. Students cannot opt out if they're only covered by OHIP or equivalent primary health care coverage.
Change of Coverage Period
- Opt out for Fall Term students: August 27 - September 17 2012
- Opt out for Winter Term students: January 3 - January 18 2013
- Opt out for Spring Term students: May 6 - May 17 2013
2012/2013 Coverage Dates & Fees
- Fall Term (coverage from September 2012 - August 2013): $240.00
- Winter Term (coverage from January 2013 - August 2013): $160.00
- Spring Term (coverage from May 2013 - August 2013): $80.00
For more information drop by our offices or visit www.ihaveaplan.ca